Wellbeing is defined as health, happiness and success. To achieve this we study Dr Maguire\'s \'Pillars of Wellbeing\' model using the framework of food to nourish and support the body; emotional health to promote resilience and nurture; vitality and energy to overcome exhaustion; passion to discover what brings someone to life and establish vision; self-expression to deliver the confidence to live life to the full.
The accredited course modules cover understanding the basis of wellbeing, a wide range of coaching techniques and tools plus practical coaching practise with fellow students.
The following areas are covered during this comprehensive 5 night residential program:
- Defining Wellbeing: how do you define what it is and the benefit it brings to each individual; you discover your role as a wellbeing coach and define your position in the arena of health.
- Managing Stress: examine the role stress plays in the body physically and emotionally. The consequences of leaving stress unmanaged and practical ways to deal with stress, overwhelm and burn out. You examine the importance of work-life balance and what that really means to an individual.
- The Science of Wellbeing: we explore positive psychology, biological and neuroscientific research on wellbeing. You gain an understanding of the mind and the body, how they interact to promote a deeper awareness and appreciation of internal and external stimuli.
- The Role of Food: we discover the role food plays in supporting the body through periods of stress, exhaustion and overwhelm. You learn the basics of food relationship and what will help bring greater benefit to each individual.
- The Pillars of Wellbeing: we study Dr Claire Maguire\'s \'Pillars of Wellbeing\' model encompassing how food, emotional health, vitality, vision and expression can all lead to health, happiness and success.
- The Meaning of Success: success can be a rather abstract term and it can mean very different things to different people. Trying to define success is not easy and we explore the various paths available for each person to \'succeed\'.
- The Art of Creativity: everybody is creative and in fact, we are all extremely creative. We discuss the definition of creativity, the benefits of being creative and the science of unleashing this latent talent to its fullest potential.
- Coaching Skills and Techniques: you learn a broad range of coaching skills and coaching tools, including the GROW model, to bring out vision, to set goals, to instil confidence and motivate behaviour. You cover various coaching strategies to understand limiting beliefs, self-sabotage, values, language, habits, reframing and attitudes to change.
- Mindfulness, Meditation and Relaxation: you learn the importance of mindfulness and meditation and how this is of great value and benefit to each individual. We also look at the significance of relaxation and why it is so important.
- Spirituality and Holistic Health: we explore what spirituality means, the different definitions of spirituality and how holistic health is important for overall health and wellbeing.
- Lifestyle Example: you become an example of wellbeing as you commit to your continued self-exploration and self-development and as you learn about self-nurturing, rituals, gratitude and acceptance you empower yourself to serve your people in a greater way.
The practical side of coaching is just as important as the coaching itself which is why we also delve into the following areas:
- Identifying Individual Needs: what is each person looking for; what their expectations are, how to establish rapport, how to listen to what they are really saying, to build up your intuitive skills and connect quickly with each person you coach.
- Working with People: you learn the practicalities of coaching others - how to create great questions which is at the heart of a successful coach, how to set up sessions, pre and post questionnaires, creating boundaries and confidentiality. We examine ethics and legal considerations, confidentiality and keeping records.
Whilst on your intensive residential retreat you also get ample opportunity to practise your new coaching skills.
Assessment & Certificate:
A Certificate of Completion is awarded to those who complete the 5 day course and a further Certificate of Wellbeing Life Coaching is awarded to participants who successfully complete the course plus the final assessment. This assessment includes a written paper which is submitted after completing your training program. You are then ready to start...
\'Thank you Claire. Your program is carefully and thoughtfully structured.\' Sharon P.